"Baguio City" Baguio City by iclee
Baguio City Travel Guide: 830 reviews and 2,406 photos
We booked 3D 2N in Pines View Hotel along Legarda Road. The rates were PHP3600+ @ night for a Twin Double beds that includes breakfast. Breakfast consisted of a set of Tocino (cured pork) with eggs and a choice of juice or coffee or a set of bacon, egg and a few slices of bread. Number to call is 074-4469287. Their website remains down.
A caveat though, do not expect 5star service since it takes a bit of patience to exact service from this hotel. Housekeeping is superb but other perks like in-house massage, restaurant service, porters are truly slow and lack luster. Hot shower and toiletries were ample. Look for waiters JR or Dante to get satisfactory service since others act like zombies waiting for daylight.
Burnham Park grill section. Grilled squid costs average of PHP120. Look at the size as compared to an average BBQ stick.
Tables with benches can be rented for PHP100. You can bring in food and drinks as long as you clean up afterwards by segregating your garbage. The place is packed during weekends so come early. A paintball area lies nearby. The place is serene and serves as a peaceful break from the city's hussle. The scent of pine trees fill the air while crows circle scavaging food droppings.
For those unable and unwilling to bring food, you can buy from Figaro coffee shop, Shakey's pizza, Hotshots burgers and ice cream in a street away from the benches.
A butterfly farm rests to the east of the burger shops costing PHP40 per entry. Bring your videocams with you.
- Pros:Cheap transpo and no-fuss unlike Manila cabs, Tasty food and very affordable, hotels abound.
- Cons:Beware of peddlers with exorbitant prices and dishonest scales.
- In a nutshell:Baguio still a whiff of fresh air
The Manor at Camp John Hay has one of my fave deli. The Deli offers sweet treats, coffee and wine. My fave is the huge 8... more travel advice
I learned that a Baguio trip is not complete without going through the Cathedral steps and participating in the mass.... more travel advice
iclee's Related Pages
Baguio City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baguio city"
- "Baguio Today"
- "Baguio City - It's a "cool" place"
- "City of Pines and Mums"
- "Baguio For Christmas Break"
- "Summer Capital of the Philippines"
- "i see pine trees of green, red roses too"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baguio City
- Hotels in Baguio City
- Transportation in Baguio City
- Nightlife in Baguio City
- Restaurants in Baguio City
- Shopping in Baguio City
- Warnings and Dangers in Baguio City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baguio City
- 18 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Baguio City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baguio City
Top 10 Pages
- Ho Chi Minh City 27 reviews, 90 photos
- Bangkok 19 reviews, 29 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Province of Bohol 17 reviews, 25 photos
- Boracay Island 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Davao City 9 reviews, 15 photos
- San Francisco 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Tagaytay City 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos