"Hello World" nightpassage's Profile
The Magic door is located in Pazza Vittorio, not far from Termini Station. It is what remains of Villa of Marquis Palombara who lived in the second half of XVII century, he was friend of astrologers and alchemists and he wanted to create the philosophical stone. One day an alchemist called Giuseppe Francesco Borri asked Palombara financial aid and the possibility to make researches in his laboratories. The Marquis gave hime what he asked and Borri worked hard and in great secret for a long time. One day he disappeared leaving some gold and a parchment with obscure latin formulae, which they believed was the secret to make gold. The Marquis called all the greatest scientists of the time to try to solve the mistery of the parchment, but with no luck, so he decided to engrave the formulae on the door in case some passing by might be able to decipher them. The door is still there so if you want to give a try to solve the mistery... go ahead!
My latest pics can always be found on my Flickr photostream:
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- nightpassage and westpalmchickee are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Helsinki Forum "RE: RE: Record Stores in Helsinki"
- Commented on anpe's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Hello World"
- Wrote a Review The "White Night" In Rome in Rome Nightlife
- created a Rome Travel Page "HIDDEN ROME Places you won't find in guides"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Magic Door"