Kenya Nightlife Tips by grets
Kenya Nightlife: 46 reviews and 38 photos
Civet at Treetops
Many lodges put out food for the nocturnal species, such as this civet, and one even placed a lamb in a tree for the leopard.
Other lodges have flood lit water holes where game come during the night to drink. The lodges will wake you on request, you just have to specify which animals you want to be woken for.
Also available is a night drive. We went on a drive with a driver, armed ranger and a spotter. We saw many nocturnal animals, including the curious spring hare, which looks like a kangaroo when it jumps. Although not as spectacular as a day-time drive, I personally feel that a night drive is worth it for a different perspective on a safari.
Dress Code: Dress warm as it can be surprisingly cold at night!
More Reviews (28)
- See All Mombasa
- See All We are not alone
- See All Safari vehicle # 2
- See All Maasai Village
grets' Related Pages
Kenya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamhuri ya Kenya"
- "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- ""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:"
- "Working in Kenia"
- "AMBOSELI SAFARI!!"
- "KENYA, JAMBO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Transportation in Kenya
- Nightlife in Kenya
- Restaurants in Kenya
- Shopping in Kenya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenya
- 275 Reviews
- 433 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Kenya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenya
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos