Fiji Nightlife Tips by grets Top 5 Page for this destination
Fiji Nightlife: 22 reviews and 17 photos
The first night, the captain invites us to a cocktail party.
The champagne never stops flowing and Tui (the third cook) plays guitar for us all to have a sing-song, whilst tasty little snacks are brought round. It really has set the mood for the rest of the evening (hopefully for the rest of the cruise).
Dress Code: Casual, this is not a cruise where you need to dress up.
The crew very much join in the festivities of this cruise, they seem to get as much pleasure from it as we do. They all sing or play an instrument, and sit out on deck strumming and humming in the evening. We try to join in the sing-song after dinner, we don't know any of the songs, so we go to bed instead.
Back on board the ship, we continue to party with the crew until the wee hours in the morning. In fact we were the last in the bar that night, as all the other nights. What party animals we were!
After dinner we were to have a singing competition: each nation against the others. The Germans (the majority of the cruise passengers) took it all very seriously, whereas we'd made a big joke of it all, singing Old MacDonald had a farm, bringing out the bungy jumping sheep and tying knotted handkerchiefs on our heads. All good fun.
We had trouble singing for laughing so much and the crew were in stitches. We certainly gave the best entertainment value, but we were marked down for laughing whilst singing and for disturbing the other nations: we had made up some score cards with zeros on them, which we held up for all the others, plus cards with ten points on for us!
Needless to say, we didn't win. The Germans did.
Dress Code: The silier, the better, this is supposed to be FUN.
Every eveing before dinner we were served cocktails and some small snacks. The second night dinner was a buffet at 19.30 - Fiji time - which meant that it was waaayyyy later, and by the time we actually got some food, we were all well sozzled!
The weather was beautiful all throughout the cruise, which also meant that we had some lovely sunsets. One of my favourite nightlife pasttimes while travelling is to watch sunrise and sunset. All the better is enjoyed with a drink on deck of a lovely ship.
Not much kava left now....
After dinner, the captain (shown on the left of the photograph, in pink) and some of the crew, would fill a bowl of kava which they'd share with anybody who was interested. Most people took a mouthful or two just to try it, but I managed to drown eleven bowl of this slighly narcotic beverage.
I was a little concerned about the amount of local "drugs" I'd consumed, would I be ill in the night, would it disturb my sleep? I needen't have worried, I slept like a log and felt right as rain the next morning.
Dress Code: Come as you are. Gentlement are expected to wear a shirt, no bare chests (that goes for women too).
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (18)
grets' Related Pages
Fiji Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My cruise to the Fiji Islands"
- "Fiji - the nearest you'll ever get to paradise"
- "Beautiful country of happy people"
- "Fiji 2003"
- "STILL BUSY !!! MORE TO COME SOON !!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fiji
- Hotels in Fiji
- Transportation in Fiji
- Nightlife in Fiji
- Restaurants in Fiji
- Shopping in Fiji
- Warnings and Dangers in Fiji
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fiji
- 62 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Fiji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fiji
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos