Antarctica Favorite Tips by grets

Antarctica Favorites: 120 reviews and 169 photos

Penguins - Antarctica
Penguins

Favorite thing: Being fanatical about penguins, I really was in seventh heaven in Antarctica. What can I say? They are cute, gregarious, noisy, inquisitive, playful and never stay still for a moment. They're great parents and thoughtful lovers. Experts thieves. We watched a male snatch a stone from someone else's nest, carrying it in his beak up the hill to present it to his mate. Then he cocked his head to one side as if to say: 'Look what I've brought you my love. Aren't you pleased?'

Fondest memory: Shane' our expedition leader, had a favourite saying: 'Look, Listen and Feel'. And that's exactly what I did. Absorbing myself completely in the ambience of this wild and remote place, not just feeling like privileged visitors, but feeling part of the great scheme of things, at one with nature. It has to be experienced!

Stunning scenery - Antarctica
Stunning scenery

Favorite thing: Blue sky, huge stark snow-covered mountains, icebergs and azure waters. Cruising Paradise Bay in a Zodiac with the sun blazing down on us, penguins porpoising, whales frolicking and seals basking on ice floes. This was truly paradise.
Awesome. Breathtaking. A really humbling experience and one that will live with me forever.

C-club 7 - Antarctica

C-club 7

The Seventh Continent

Favorite thing: One of our highlights was stepping ashore on the seventh and final continent. Those of us who had reached this milestone were captured together on the deck of the boat.

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Antarctica

• 0 Countries

Have you been to Antarctica?

Latest Activity in Antarctica