"Albania" Top 5 Page for this destination Albania by grets

Albania Travel Guide: 2,135 reviews and 5,746 photos

Europe's last frontier?

Untouched beaches, remains of past civilisations, lots of Mercedes cars and unused bunkers, beautiful countryside and a darker recent history.

• Pros:Friendly people and tourist-free
  • Cons:Pot-holes in roads and crazy drivers
  • In a nutshell:An unusual but rewarding detination
  • Last visit to Albania: Mar 2002
  • Intro Written Jul 23, 2004

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Hi Grete, Albania has such an interesting history. Great page with useful information and telling about this country's past.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Nice page! Albania really changes everyday, faster than any other country I know ! Fascinating! You should pay another visit to Albania ! I was amazed though I visited Shkoder in 2005 ! Your unidentified photo is in Berat fortress, St Theodoros church.

• AlbaniaLover's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 1:57 AM

Very nice Albania pages, do you think you will visit again?

• illumina's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 7:50 AM

Ah, you've been to Albania too, isn't it great?!

• Mar 21, 2006 at 8:45 AM

Just found out about this site looking up Albania for a future trip. Very useful info you and the rest of the Top 5 have provided! I bow to the range of your travels! And I am a well-seasoned traveler myself! Hail!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 2:55 AM

I'm sure Albania is fascinating, especially with the lack of tourists. Those bunkers look like giant mushrooms!!

• Mar 8, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Thanks Grets. I wish that everyone could agree with you. Albania is an wonderful country. Guys don't forget to visit Vlora and Himara.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 12:58 AM

I am staggered by the range of your travels Grete - I never would have picked Albania as place to go but your photos have changed my mind. leyle

• Dec 7, 2005 at 3:03 AM

Great page! I would like to visit the country, but no one wants to go there with me. Such a shame, because Albania is not (for now)devastated by tourists.

• njonjo's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 4:09 AM

The picture you don't remember, it's a church inside Berat citadel, I have two pictures of that church in my Berat page, you can compare to be sure :) Nice page

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Albania

Have you been to Albania?

Latest Activity in Albania