"A remote and unspoilt piece of paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island by grets
Lundy Island Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 694 photos
Lundy is a small island some 10 miles off the North Devon Coast, and it has a long and interesting history.
We visited on a beautiful sunny summer's day and found the island to be absolutely charming.
On a wet and windy winter's day the picture would look much more bleak I am sure.
Lundy is four miles long and half a mile wide at its wides. She rises 400 metres up from the sea.
- Pros:Great walks, remote and desolate
- Cons:A very steep walk up from the sea
- In a nutshell:A great place to get away from it all
One of the easiest and most enjoyable activities to partake in on Lundy Island is to go walking. Wear a pair of... more travel advice
One of the most interesting things about Lundy is its stamps. When the first Post Office was opened on Lundy in 1887,... more travel advice
- The one and only
- See All Lighthouse
- Not much is available on the island
- See All Land Rover
grets' Related Pages
Lundy Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Notes From A (Very) Small Island"
- "A remote and unspoilt piece of paradise"
- "A singular place (in all senses of the word)!"
- "LUNDY ISLAND"
- "British?s Islands pizzicato"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lundy Island
- Hotels in Lundy Island
- Transportation in Lundy Island
- Nightlife in Lundy Island
- Restaurants in Lundy Island
- Shopping in Lundy Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Lundy Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lundy Island
- 29 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Lundy Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lundy Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos