"Walking in the Carpathian Mountains" Romania by grets

Romania Travel Guide: 6,637 reviews and 21,482 photos

Vistas

The scenery was absolutely stunning with snow-topped mountains, green valleys and meadows full of wild flowers.

Walking

We found the trekking more strenuous than expected with numerous up-hill sections on steep muddy banks. Alternative walking along tracks through villages can be arranged.

Wolves

The Carpathian Large Carnivore Project rescued two wolves from a fur factory as cubs. These are now kept in a large enclosure on the edge of town.

• Last visit to Romania: Jun 2004
  • Intro Written Jun 30, 2004

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 2:14 AM

Bear watching... nice pics. I like the one of seniors playing chess. Great introduction to Romania.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2006 at 6:57 AM

Some lovely places to visit here. The bears at the dumps remind me of watching a similar thing in British Columbia. I was transfixed!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 5:31 AM

Hi grets. Enticing pages on Romania. The country is high on my European list.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2005 at 3:40 AM

hi grets I see we were in Romania around the same time and I like your picture and comments I am very impressed with your website - farout indeed - bye mary

• oana16's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 11:58 PM

Thank you for your comment. Your page about Romania is very good. Looking at your pages I discovered a big part of the world. Greetings!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 6:47 AM

Very informative pages on Romania. I especially enjoyed the history of Palace of Parliament and the Black Church..fascinating. Carpathian Mts. are extraordinary. LOL at your nightlife tip. Superior work, Grete.

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2004 at 3:27 AM

Loved reading your page about Romania. It is indeed a beautiful country. And the Carpathian Mountains are said to be the scenery to visit there

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2004 at 9:40 AM

I enjoyed reading your tips on Romania. Very interesting.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2004 at 3:28 PM

Wonderful page of Romania !!

• smyturn's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 5:01 PM

Another myth debunked! Would love to visit Romania - surprised and glad for the trekking tips!

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Romania

Have you been to Romania?

Latest Activity in Romania