"Lithuania" Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania by grets

Lithuania Travel Guide: 5,203 reviews and 11,823 photos

My main reason for wanting to visit Lithuania, was Siauliai, also known as the Hill of Crosses. Having read about this amazing sacred site, it became one of the top spots on my Must Do list.

Once in Lithuania I discovered a diverse country with a lot to offer the traveller, beautiful and friendly people and some great food.

Incidentally, landing at Vilnius airport, we must have broke an all-time record: Getting off the plane, through passport and customs, driving into town, checking in to the hotel and walking down to the old town to find a bar to enjoy a beer - took a total of 25 minutes from the plane actually touching down on the tarmac to me having a beer in hand!!!!!

• Pros:Lots to see and do, lovely people
  • Cons:Would like to spend a lot more time there
  • In a nutshell:A gem of a destination
  • Last visit to Lithuania: Sep 2003
  • Intro Written Jul 28, 2004

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 11:45 PM

I'm a fan too; never got to Hill of Crosses tho

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 11:16 PM

The hill of crosses, my first time I hear about it, thanks for sharing now I have to go there ;-)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2008 at 2:45 AM

I have to visit these places one day. Ciao!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 4:33 AM

Interesting destination - one of these days I want to go there as well!

• ginte's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2005 at 1:57 AM

25 minutes for getting off the plane, through passport and customs, driving into town, checking in to the hotel and walking down to the old town to find a bar to enjoy a beer - that's really a RECORD;-)

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2004 at 2:01 PM

I agree with you that the Hill of Crosses is an unforgettable experience. (I visited it in Agust this year). Vilnius is also beautiful, and st Ann's church is a real masterpiece.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 4:30 AM

Hello Grete: I am also a recent V.T.er and I must say I am completely blown away at how much you have accomplished in such a short time. I was intrigued about Lithuania. It's not a country you hear much about. I will be stopping by again. Lori.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2004 at 10:13 AM

Great pictures and must sees.

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Lithuania

Have you been to Lithuania?

Latest Activity in Lithuania