"Lake Bunyoni" Lake Bunyonyi by grets

Lake Bunyonyi Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 67 photos

From my diary:

Lake Bunyoni snakes its way through the countryside, with many inlets and islands, and lush terraced hillsides and valleys surrounding it. The badly rutted road clings precariously to the side of the dale, with a steep rock one side and a sheer drop the other.

We take a different route back to Kabale, where we stop at the Post Office to get some stamps for the post cards. I am one of those sad individuals who actually enjoy writing post cards, and therefore have 21 cards to send to friends in seven different countries. There is no queue in the Post Office, the cost of sending the cards is the same regardless of the destination (ca. 55 cents) and the post master and his assistant help me stick the stamps on! You wouldn’t get such service in the UK! In Kabale we join the sealed road again, so progress is much faster, there is much more traffic and the people are less colourful. I struggle to keep awake in the front seat – Robert’s driving is so smooth – and eventually I give in to the slumber. I wake with a start to a momentous bang! It turns out to be the tyre of a passing lorry which burst, but, boy, did it scare the living daylights out of me! The rest of the journey to the Equator is taken up with sleeping, taking photos, eating a banana, sleeping, taking photos, eating a banana, sleeping……..

• In a nutshell:Great bird life
  • Last visit to Lake Bunyonyi: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 2, 2004

• Herwig1961's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Fun to read!I am right now in Uganda and the bird life is really awesome!Thanks for your infos!

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 10:09 AM

Great pictures, liooking forward to visit Uganda within 2 weeks

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2004 at 3:16 PM

Haha, I like your first Rolex!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2004 at 3:50 AM

What an awesome island and birding adventure. I would have loved to have been there. Great pictures of beautiful birds.

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Lake Bunyonyi

Have you been to Lake Bunyonyi?

Latest Activity in Lake Bunyonyi