"A lively market town" Niamtougou by grets
Niamtougou Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 39 photos
Our only reason for stopping at Niamtougou was to visit the market.
I have placed the main entry for the market under Thing to Do tips, as this is a major attraction here.
In the market there were many items for sale that I have never seen in the West and Noah explained their uses to us. Although I wouldn’t normally have one tip for each different item found in a market, I have added these individually under the Shopping heading, as I think they may be of interest to other readers too.
One of the beauties of having a guide in a place like this, is that Noah explained all the different items we saw in the market, he picked them up, let us handle them and taste them. We would not have had a fraction of the enjoyment at this place if we’d been travelling independently.
The transport of choice, and sometimes the only transport available as we found out when we tried to get a taxi, is the... more travel advice
It never ceased to amaze me how ingenuititive (I think I might just have made that word up) the local people are. I... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Niamtougou
- 16 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Niamtougou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niamtougou
Photos in NiamtougouSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos