"Banjul" Top 5 Page for this destination Banjul by grets
Banjul Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 87 photos
From our hotel on the coast we hired a taxi - otherwise known as rent-a-wreck - to take us down to Banjul. I swear the driver was younger than the car! He was an excellent driver, however, negotiating each and every bump in the road with great care. Probably just as well, if he'd gone over them at speed I expect the car would have fallen apart.
Banjul, previously known as Bathurst, is the capital of The Gambia. It is a small city by Eurpoean standards, with an estimated population of around 80,000 people.
Banjul is siutated on an island - St Mary's Island, in the mouth of the River Gambia.
All over the castal area of The Gambia you will be approached by friendly children practicing their English. "Hello",... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Banjul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gambia"
- "BANJUL !"
- "The Gambia Rules"
- "Banjul "Capital of The Gambia""
- "will update soon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banjul
- Hotels in Banjul
- Transportation in Banjul
- Nightlife in Banjul
- Shopping in Banjul
- Warnings and Dangers in Banjul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banjul
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Banjul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banjul
Photos in BanjulSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos