"Kakum National Park" Abrafo by grets

Abrafo Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos

I am surprised that VT does not have a specific destination dedicated to Kakum National Park, as it is one of Ghana’s premier tourist attractions. Abrafo is, however, the nearest small town to the park gates and head quarters, so hence I have added my tips to this page.

The park is less than an hour by car from Cape Coast, and is most easily accessible by using your own private vehicle.

The park consists of two parts – Kakum National Park and Assin Attandaso Game Reserve, and the two combined cover an area of 307 square kilometers.

• Pros:Fabulous Canopy Walkway adventure
  • Cons:Lack of animal sightings
  • In a nutshell:Still worth a visit for the experience
  • Last visit to Abrafo: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 12, 2007

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 1:45 AM

Aehm.. I don't have vertigo, but.. maybe would be a little nervous on that bridges :-)

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 4:00 AM

Gee...I think I've gotten over my vertigo...but sure wouldn't want to find out for sure on that bridge...yikes!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Yes, it is difficult to see large animals in equatorial jungles. We were up in the hide (Malaysia) and it up 3am before we saw animals coming to the salt licks. Nice canopy walk - too high for me. And did you mention postcard on sale :)

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 10:18 AM

I do not visit your pages often enough. They are always amazing. Once again your photo's have blown me away.

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Abrafo