"Tahiti" Top 5 Page for this destination Tahiti by grets

Tahiti Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 536 photos

We made a short stopover in Tahiti on the way to New Zealand. My first choice was to stay in the Outrigger Hotel in a villa on stilts over the ocean, but it proved so expensive that we soon abandoned that idea.

My impressions of Tahiti were that it is a good place to stop for a day or two to break up a longer journey, but I wouldn't want it as my main holiday. I understand the smaller islands are very different indeed, so maybe some other time.....

The majority of text comes from the diary notes I made at the time of travel.

• Last visit to Tahiti: Nov 1995
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2004

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Nice page Grets!

• jelw's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2009 at 4:29 AM

The excitement begins. Flying in then taking a 'private" boat to the islands. Will try distilled tea, walk the waterfalls and possibly fondu it! Surprised by how few tips there are on Bora Bora and surrounds. I appreciate yours, always. Big hug

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Wonderful memories of Tahiti. Enjoyed viewing all the pictures of waterfalls and local people and scenery. Cheers, SL :)

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 5:05 PM

I'm left with a much different opinion of Tahiti than I expected. Didn't realize Gaugin was such a scoundrel!! Thanks for the tips!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 11:59 AM

With your Voodoo skills, I shall be keeping on the right side of you, Grete, lol! Very interesting about Gaugin, Tahiti looks beautiful, I love your sunset photo.A very enjoyable page (~_~)

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 12:04 PM

The swimming pool at the Hyatt was my favourite. Great page

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2004 at 9:43 AM

The rain going through the umbrella must have been really heavy! Good that you anyway saw the Botanical Garden!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2004 at 11:20 AM

Another great page with excellent tips and photos. So the yoodoo really did work?

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Tahiti