"Yasawairara" Yasawairara by grets
Yasawairara Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 6 photos
Yasawairara is a village on the island of Yasawa, the most northerly of this group of islands, and the one after which the group has been named.
The island is about 22km long and less than ome km wide.
Yasawairara is situated in the north of the island, and is the most traditional of the villages found here. It is also the seat of the Tui Yasawa - the chief of the island group.
We travelled here on board a Blue Lagoon Cruise, and spent the afternoon in the village.
The village we visited is still very traditional (read primitive) - the only building to have electricity is the church... more travel advice
Kava has a slight narcotic effect on the face and lips and causes lightheadedness and a feeling of euphoria. It is... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Yasawairara Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Yasawairara
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Yasawairara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yasawairara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos