"The Devil's Marbles" Top 5 Page for this destination Moeraki by grets
Moeraki Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 78 photos
Moerake is a small place about 30 km south of Oamaru and are best known for its spherical boulders that line th beach.
When I first heard that we were going to be looking at some boulders on the beach, I very sarcastically thought "wow"., but it was really quite interesting.
They are like enormous eggs or marbles, very round, and one had split open. They wer quite casually "placed" around the beach.
The story according to scentists is not quite so exciting. The boulders have come from the mudstone cliffs behind where... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Moeraki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Devil's Marbles"
- "Big, Round, stuck in the ground"
- "Moeraki Boulders"
- "Moeraki - Incredibly round!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moeraki
- Hotels in Moeraki
- Transportation in Moeraki
- Nightlife in Moeraki
- Restaurants in Moeraki
- Shopping in Moeraki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moeraki
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Moeraki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moeraki
Photos in MoerakiSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos