"Wanaka" Lake Wanaka by grets
Lake Wanaka Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 31 photos
Wanaka is a lovely little lakeside town, when we were there it was very windy too.
The town is 100 km from Queenstown, located at the southern end of Lake Wanaka.
There is a lot of trekking avaible here, as well as skiing in the winter, with Mt Aspiring National Park and the Cardrona Harris Mountains and Pisa Range being easily accessible.
Activities are also available on the lake - hovercraft, jet boats, fishing, wind surfing, water skiing, jet skiing and boat trips.
Also available is: paragliding, rock climbing, cycling, kayaking, rafting, horse riding and various aerial sightseeing tours.
Just a couple of miles from the centre of Wanaka, we spend the night at the Wanaka Motor Inn. The hotel has a friendly... more travel advice
As soon as you arrive, you notice all these eccentric buildings scattered about. “The Leaning Tower of Wanaka” is the... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Lake Wanaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wanaka - New Zealand"
- "Lake Wanaka"
- "A return trip is a must"
- "Its soooo Blue...."
- "LAKE WANAKA SOUTH ISLAND NEW ZEALAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Wanaka
- Hotels in Lake Wanaka
- Transportation in Lake Wanaka
- Restaurants in Lake Wanaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lake Wanaka
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Lake Wanaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Wanaka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos