"Tehran" Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran by grets

Tehran Travel Guide: 516 reviews and 1,662 photos

We spent a couple of night in Tehran when we first arrived in Iran, and again after a 14-day tour of the rest of the country.

We found Tehran to be noisy, busy and vibrant. From where we were based, most of the main tourist attractions were within walking distance, or you could take a cab or the metro. Both were cheap and efficient.

Tehran is found at the base of the Alborz Mountains and it is quite surreal to be walking around in the sweltering city heat whilst admiring the snow-capped mountains in the distance.

We found Tehran to be a very safe place, and although not as friendly as the rest of the country, it certainly isn’t unfriendly either.

• Pros:Lots of good museums
  • Cons:Traffic
  • In a nutshell:A good starting point to visit Iran
  • Last visit to Tehran: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 14, 2007

• coceng's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Reading this & your photos bring back my memories in Tehran back in 2006. :)

• Dec 13, 2010 at 9:07 PM

the sign says "Al Mahdi"

• Nov 3, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Hi, the tiara you liked the most was made by my father Leon Abedian, visit our jewelry store next time you come to Iran till then you can check out facebook.com/TALAJewelry or talajewelers.com the tiara was made for shah's brother's wife, Princess Manijeh

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 7:43 AM

The Hammurabi looks interestting...there is a lot to see in Iran! I do have friends and an uncle (by marriage to aunt) from this country --- maybe I should ask them to take me...Norman :)

• Jan 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM

thanku for sharing the story. as an iranian I believe that though the medical treatment is good but they probably treated you special because you were (foreign) visitors. there are times when we spend hours trying to see a doctor and waiting lists.

• moritomcat's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2008 at 5:07 AM

very nice page.i can say you ve traveled all around the world

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2008 at 9:00 AM

would like to see more concrete info here like how you felt and personal experiences, the stuff you cant find in books

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Gd tips on Iran pages.

• aliamiri's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2008 at 4:03 AM

Hi Grete; this is really a huge useful and in-hand info collection for Tehran, my city! Thank you for sharing your experince with others.

• Mar 6, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Hi Grets, Thanks for your great information. Just a note: the professor was released at the end. He was sentenced to death but freed later.

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Tehran