"Tehran" Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran by grets
Tehran Travel Guide: 527 reviews and 1,688 photos
We spent a couple of night in Tehran when we first arrived in Iran, and again after a 14-day tour of the rest of the country.
We found Tehran to be noisy, busy and vibrant. From where we were based, most of the main tourist attractions were within walking distance, or you could take a cab or the metro. Both were cheap and efficient.
Tehran is found at the base of the Alborz Mountains and it is quite surreal to be walking around in the sweltering city heat whilst admiring the snow-capped mountains in the distance.
We found Tehran to be a very safe place, and although not as friendly as the rest of the country, it certainly isn’t unfriendly either.
- Pros:Lots of good museums
- In a nutshell:A good starting point to visit Iran
One of the major hazards in Tehran, is the state of the roads and pavements. And not just in Tehran, it is the same all... more travel advice
The Diamond House was full of porcelain and the wall were painted red with a painted on pattern to look like wallpaper... more travel advice
- See All Behesht-e Zahra Cemetery 3
- See All Taxi
- Shop till you drop
- See All Side street dining
grets' Related Pages
Tehran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TEHRAN ,THE CITY OF LIFE"
- "Tehran - Museums, murals and much more......"
- "Tehran 'The end of the Road'"
- "Tehran - The Throbbing Heart of Iran"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tehran
- Hotels in Tehran
- Transportation in Tehran
- Nightlife in Tehran
- Restaurants in Tehran
- Shopping in Tehran
- Warnings and Dangers in Tehran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tehran
- 61 Reviews
- 267 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (111)
Have you been to Tehran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tehran
Photos in TehranSee All Photos (267)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos