"Arenal" Top 5 Page for this destination Arenal by grets
Arenal Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 262 photos
Famous for the Arenal Volcano - everyone's idea of the typical volcano with its conical shape, huge ash columns and flowing red lava.
Although the volcano has been active following an earthquake in 1968, we did not see any activity. Most of the time the volcano was shrouded in cloud anyway.
The volcano is 1633 metres high. It is one of the most active volcanoes in the Western Hemisphere.
Most people who come here stay in the village of La Fortuna de San Carlos. It's a small settlement and easily explored in an hour or so, but it's the surrounding area that normally attracts visitors.
The other side of the lake we were met by a 4WD vehicle which was to transport ud the last part of the journey to... more travel advice
On our way to Cano Negro, we stopped in a small village called Muelle, to have a look at this tree. What's so unsual... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Arenal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake Arenal, the Volcano and the Rainforest"
- "Arenal Volcano Adventure"
- "Adventure and Relaxation in the Fiery Arenal"
- "La Fortuna & Volcan Arenal"
- "The Unknown Arenal"
- "You could call it adventure tourism"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arenal
- Hotels in Arenal
- Transportation in Arenal
- Nightlife in Arenal
- Restaurants in Arenal
- Shopping in Arenal
- Warnings and Dangers in Arenal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arenal
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (112)
Have you been to Arenal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arenal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos