"Monteverde" Monteverde by grets
Monteverde Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 402 photos
I found Monteverde to be a great place, full of activities to partake in. The surrounding clou forest, is at 4000 ft above sea level, often shrouded in mist, and it did rain a lot here. There is a lot of bird- and wildlife here, including the resplendent quetzal.
It's a place for outdoor and nature lovers, as well as adrenalin junkies. The Skytrek is an amazing experience, and in my experience, unique to this area (on this scale)
The journey getting there was a little cumbersome, with unmade roads full of pot-holes. The "town" had a friendly and laid back "hippy" feel to it and I could easily have stayed here longer.
I apologise for the quality of the photographs on my Costa Rica pages - unfortunately I lost my main camera on the flight over, so most of these are either taken with a small waterproof camera or from David's video. Hence the lack of quality.
Keep your eyes open everywhere you go, as this place is full pf spiders. We saw many small, harmless eight legged... more travel advice
Both the Monteverde Cloudforest Reserve and Santa Elena Rain Forest have guided tours in search of the resplenedent... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Monteverde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cloud Forests of Monteverde and Santa Elena"
- "Cloud Forest"
- "Green Mountain"
- "Rainforest in the clouds = Cloud forest"
- "Monteverde, beautiful cloudforest..."
- "Monteverde - the mysterious cloud forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monteverde
- Hotels in Monteverde
- Transportation in Monteverde
- Nightlife in Monteverde
- Restaurants in Monteverde
- Shopping in Monteverde
- Warnings and Dangers in Monteverde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monteverde
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Monteverde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monteverde
Photos in MonteverdeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (88)
Latest Monteverde hotel reviews
- Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Hotel El Establo
- 455 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Monteverde Lodge
- 333 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel
- 388 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Hotel De Montana Monteverde
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Hotel Fonda Vela
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013