"Tortuguero" Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero by grets
Tortuguero Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 325 photos
Tortuguero National Park is one of the most visited national parks in Costa Rica. The name is roughly translated from Spanis as "turtle-catcher".
This is one of the wettest areas in the country with rainfall up to 6000mm.
Three different ypes of monkeys are sen here: howler, spider and white-faced capuchin. Sloth, anteater and kinkajous are frequent here, and lizards, caiman, crocodile and turtles are usually seen. Lots of frogs and over 400 species of birds.
I must apologise for the quality of the pictures on all my Costa Rica pages as I lost my main camera on the flight over. The photos are either taken with a samll waterproof camera with a wide angle lens, or are copies of David's video footage.
You could say Tortuguero itself is very off the beater path, as there are only two ways of reaching it - by plane or... more travel advice
A small village of some 600 people, there is a very laid back feel to the place. The main "road" is a gravel path which... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Tortuguero Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Village and the Park"
- "This is it!"
- "Rain Forest Visits"
- "Undeniably unforgetable & unique!"
- "Turtle spotting"
- "The Lonely Hunter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tortuguero
- Hotels in Tortuguero
- Transportation in Tortuguero
- Nightlife in Tortuguero
- Restaurants in Tortuguero
- Shopping in Tortuguero
- Warnings and Dangers in Tortuguero
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tortuguero
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Tortuguero?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tortuguero
Photos in TortugueroSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos