Iwokrama Mountains Warnings Or Dangers Tips by grets
Iwokrama Mountains Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 4 photos
David at the start of a trail
There are many trails leading out from the Field Station. You are advised not to venture out without being accompanied by a ranger. During the walk, you should stick to the trails, as well as the obvious: do not litter, do not damage nature, take only photographs etc. If you do need to use the toilet while you are out, walk at least 100 feet away from the path and dig a hole 6 inches deep!
Nice, friendly locals......
Be aware that Iwokrama is home to many bugs which seem to grow to gigantic proportions. Insects like you've never seen before, cockroaches like you never want to see again, snakes (we didn't see any), spiders the size of a small dinner plate and the irritating little mosquito.
Sleep under a mosquito net.
Apply insect repellant
Cover up after dusk
Don't pick up any insects or reptiles
Don't touch any trees - they may contain poison
As you trek along the trails through the forest, make sure you look where you are going, as the trails are often littered with fallen trees or roots growing across the path. A couple of our party tripped and fell when they were too busy looking at the scenery around them!
Once on the canopy walkway you need to ensure that you obey all the rules and regulations, and always follow the guides' instructions.
Only one person is allowed on any one bridge at any one time.
No deliberate swaying.
No damaging of nature.
Do not litter.
Do not take any souvenirs with you of any sort.
No shouting or making loud noises.
Only five people are allowed on any one platform at any one time.
More Reviews (47)
- See All Iguanas
- Bring it all with you
- See All Presentation
- See All Watching the world go by
- See All Sunset
grets' Related Pages
Iwokrama Mountains Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Iwokrama Mountains
- Hotels in Iwokrama Mountains
- Transportation in Iwokrama Mountains
- Nightlife in Iwokrama Mountains
- Restaurants in Iwokrama Mountains
- Warnings and Dangers in Iwokrama Mountains
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sóller Hotels
- Bope Hotels
- Phichit Hotels
- Saint Pete Beach
- Winding Stair Mountain National Recreation Area Hotels
- Bremen Warnings and Dangers
- Chincoteague Warnings and Dangers
- Passau Warnings and Dangers
- Hilo Warnings and Dangers
- Blarney Warnings and Dangers
- Daylesford Warnings and Dangers
- San Cristóbal de Las Casas Warnings and Dangers
- Harbin Warnings and Dangers
- New Zealand Warnings and Dangers
- Car Care
- Niagara Falls Warnings and Dangers
- Departure Tax at the Airport
Badges & Stats in Iwokrama Mountains
- 51 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Iwokrama Mountains?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iwokrama Mountains
Photos in Iwokrama MountainsSee All Photos (93)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos