Iwokrama Mountains Hotel Tips by grets
Iwokrama Mountains Hotels: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Our accommodation block
The Field Station welcomes visitors to their headquarters set on the banks of the Essequibo River. Accommodation is usually in dormitory-style chalets housing 6-8 people in each chalet, with its own attached bathroom.
While we were there, a conference was taking place, and the visitors chalets were all fully booked, so we were accommodated in the staff quarters.
Unique Qualities: Four long buildings consist of six twin rooms in each building, as well as two bathrooms and two toilets. The rooms are small and basic, but comfortable, with a double bed with mosquito net and a desk. Outside, the lenght of the building, runs a very nice wooden porch, with a few chair to sit on and listen to the noise of the jungle.
Directions: Near the village of Fairview and the Kurupukari crossing of the Georgetown - Lethem Road, about 331 km by road from the capital city of Georgetown.
The hammock huts. Bathrooms in background
Accommodation is in purpose built huts, each of which can sleep 10 people in hammocks. Some mod cons are available, such as running water and toilet facilities.
Unique Qualities: Situated at the foot of Turtle Mountain, this really is a true wilderness setting in a small clearing in the dense rainforest, surrounded by untamed jungle.
More Reviews (49)
- See All Iguanas
- Bring it all with you
- See All Presentation
- See All Watching the world go by
- See All BIG BUGS
grets' Related Pages
Iwokrama Mountains Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Iwokrama Mountains
- Hotels in Iwokrama Mountains
- Transportation in Iwokrama Mountains
- Nightlife in Iwokrama Mountains
- Restaurants in Iwokrama Mountains
- Warnings and Dangers in Iwokrama Mountains
- See All...
Explore the World
- Windsor Hotel - Whitley Bay
- Metro Inn Darwin
- Ramada Inn And Conference Center
- Keong Saik Hotel Singapore
- Atlantis Lodge
- Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village
- Rainbow Casino Hotel
- Tiki Village International Gold Coast
- Le Tahaa Private Island And Spa
- Faden House
- Tibet Holiday Inn
- Hotel Carlton
- Hotel Regency
- Louvre Richelieu Hotel Paris
Badges & Stats in Iwokrama Mountains
- 51 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Iwokrama Mountains?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iwokrama Mountains
Photos in Iwokrama MountainsSee All Photos (93)
Read real reviews about Iwokrama Mountains Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos