"Pangkor Laut" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Pangkor by grets

Pulau Pangkor Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 589 photos

A luxury break

At the end of a very hectic five week world tour, we took a few days to relax at this beautiful spa resort. I had often looked at this hotel in the brochures and wanted to stay here, despite the fact that we are not usually "into" large luxury hotels.

I thought it was a fabulous place and thoroughly enjoyed my time here, whereas my husband felt it was too "posh" and snobbish. We both agreed it was the most luxurious resort we've ever stayed at.

My Tips are created from observations I made at the time and notes I made in my diary.

One Island, One Hotel

The whole island IS Pangkor Laut hotel, but only 20% of the island has been developed, the rest is pure virgin rainforest!

Only residents are allowed on the island. While we were there, the passengers of a passing million-dollar yacht were refused permission to land at the beach!

There are various choices of accommodation at Pangkor Laut. Hill Villas are spread along the hillside up from the pool and beach, Pool Villas are on the flat around the pool, Water Villas are on stilts over the water and Spa Villas are the most luxurious set around the corner from the rest with their own spa complex.

We stayed in a Water Villa

• In a nutshell:Absolute pure luxury
  • Last visit to Pulau Pangkor: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 15, 2004

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2007 at 2:39 AM

Great tips of Pangkor Laut. In its1994 opening ceremony, Opera Luciano Pavarotti sang here and was said to have cried when he saw how beautiful the place was. Cheers, SL

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 7:58 AM

great tips!

• Azri_Azmi's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 4:14 AM

Hiya Grete, glad that you enjoyed Pangkor Laut. I myself never been to Pangkor Laut although I'd visited the main Pangkor Island. Love your mini Pangkor Laut page and tips. Regards from a friend in Melaka, Malaysia.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Wow! I could get used to a place like this! Problem is when you get home - takes a bit to change gears. Thanks

• tere1's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 1:02 AM

Hummmmm, that was very nice to read your tips on PLR, as I am going to stay there next August and can't hardly wait.. Thanks for the nice pics and tips:)

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 2:42 AM

Yes, Pangkor Laut is one of the best holiday getaway. I personally not yet stay in there. Sigh!! One dayyyyy... ;-)

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 11:16 PM

That looks like a great island to spend some "special" time. I should keep it in mind :-)

• kielorla's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2004 at 2:10 PM

It been years since i went to Pangkor. Very nice place indeed, i stayed in Pan Pacific which is on the other side of the island. WIll think of going again. Do they have SPA???

• Radiomom's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2004 at 11:33 AM

Just started looking at this part of the world...was thinking of Bali, but wow, this looks cool too (and we would "do" Kuala Lumpur on the same trip). All I need is $$$

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2004 at 1:03 PM

Very interesting page, Grete. I have often thought of going here also but I am sure hubby wouldn't agree.

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Pangkor

Have you been to Pulau Pangkor?

Latest Activity in Pulau Pangkor