"Rinca Island" Pulau Rinca by grets
Pulau Rinca Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 133 photos
Rincha Island is part of the Komodo Archipelago and is one of only three islands (the other two being Komodo and Padar) where you can find the Komodo Dragon, the world's largest lizard.
On our walking safari around the island, we were lucky enough to see 16 of these giant creatures - which our guide declared was more than he'd ever seen on one single walk!
I was surprised at just how close we got to these deadly animals - as you can see from the pictures below, including where David is lifting the dragon's tail!
- In a nutshell:Home of the Komodo Dragons
As there isn't a destination on VT for Sabalon, I have decided to put the tip here as we visited both on the same... more travel advice
There isn't a great deal to do in the evening when you are based on a boat. You are rather limited on your... more travel advice
grets' Related Pages
Pulau Rinca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rinca Island"
- "*** P U L A U *** R I N C A ***"
- "GREAT ISLAND PULAU RINCA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Rinca
- Hotels in Pulau Rinca
- Transportation in Pulau Rinca
- Nightlife in Pulau Rinca
- Restaurants in Pulau Rinca
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Rinca
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Rinca
- 14 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Pulau Rinca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Rinca
Photos in Pulau RincaSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 104 reviews, 338 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran Intro, 61 reviews, 267 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 109 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tibet Intro, 67 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lhasa Intro, 46 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Intro, 33 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sawai Madhopur Intro, 69 reviews, 112 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 147 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 82 reviews, 87 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 80 reviews, 82 photos