"Bangalore" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore by grets

Bangalore Travel Guide: 624 reviews and 971 photos

In India, Bangalore is known as the Garden City. I can see why. It is a very green city with many parks and grassy areas. Located at a height of 1,000 metre above sea level, the tempreature here is very pleasant. Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka state.

We were here as part of a tour of Southern India. The trip was arranged by Simon Bazely through his company Choomti. We were incredibly pleased with his oranisation and the running of the tour was smooth from start to finish. I can wholeheartedly recommend his ervices to anyone who is wanting to make arrangements for their India trip in advance.

• Last visit to Bangalore: Nov 1998
  • Intro Updated Dec 15, 2004

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Good that you enjoyed your train experience. We just love train journeys in India. The Lalbagh Botanical Gardens look lovely- and the architecture of the Taj West really appeals to me. Nice page.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Bangalore has British Raj colonial hsitory. Penang (George Town) has red letter mail boxes too.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2007 at 4:01 AM

Bangalore looks quite pleasant - I seem to find myself talking to people in call centres there! :))

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 2:50 AM

I have heard this is the garden city of India, I would love to see it some day!;)

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 4:06 PM

Simon Bazely seems like a good choice of agent. The Botanical Garden sounds wonderful. Interesting read Grete. (~_~)

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 6:46 AM

Wow...you have traveled all over the place! Nice tips and photos!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2005 at 3:36 AM

Another very interesting page on your tour through southern India. I am sure it was a beautiful place.

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 6:27 AM

Looks like you have some amazing travels. I hope to get to Bngalore someday-- my company has a big facility there. Thanks for the introduction!

grets

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Badges & Stats in Bangalore

Have you been to Bangalore?

Latest Activity in Bangalore