"THE ENGLISH RIVIERA." Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay by cazz38

Torquay Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 362 photos

GORGEOUS COCKINGTON.

Torquay is one of my favourite places in Devon,you won't be disappointed when you visit here,its a great base for visiting most of Devon,Its set in the heart of the English Riviera,the largest town in Torbay.

LOTS TO SEE AND DO.

Torquay has a fantastic marina,great shops and an even better nightlife.I try and get here as often as i can.

FANTASTIC VIEWS

Alot of my tips are based on Cockington village,VT dosn't have it on their map and as its only 2 minutes from Torquay's seafront so iv'e put them on here.

• Pros:Lots to see and do here.
  • Cons:But can get quite busy in high season.
  • In a nutshell:Has so much to offer in one town.
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2005

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Great page on Torquay, I haven't visited here since i was very young. I must return and go to Cockington, the Drum Inn looks really nice!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 9:08 PM

This village looks gorgeous! I have just visited it in miniature at "cockington green" in Canberra, Australia. Took lots of photos and thought it was fantastic. Would be nice to see the real one to compare.

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2006 at 11:57 AM

Ah! Torquay one of my most favorite seaside towns on south,long time since I been there,maybe one of this days....

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 2:28 PM

I would'mt even like to think of how many years it is snce I visited Torquay!!!! However I was recently down that way but didnt get time to visit again but would love the penguins

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2006 at 3:34 PM

"Mind you I'd pay anything if I was bursting." Too bad I didn't read this about 4 hours earlier, as it would have been a great example for my English Conversation class this evening. (Somehow we got onto Mind you / Would you mind / Mind the gap / etc.)

• cuppadamoksha's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2006 at 12:02 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes .. made my day extra special :)

• kerouacsdog's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 7:43 AM

A great guide to my new home town. Thankyou.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 9:47 AM

This is a very nice page, carol. I hope to visit this area in the near future. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 3:09 PM

Crikey, after reading this great page on Torquay, I'm going to have to take a proper detour while on the way to Cornwall next time! England is so picturesque, and you have some great shots here! I love that palm tree shot at 'The Pavillion'!!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 1:43 PM

What a charming place with all those thatched cottages, lovely gardens and lakes. Would love to visit it someday. Beautiful photos and interesting tips!

cazz38

“Travel is an addiction,the only way to cure it is to travel!!”

Badges & Stats in Torquay

Have you been to Torquay?

Latest Activity in Torquay