"~~~~~ALGECIRAS~~~~~" Top 5 Page for this destination Algeciras by cazz38

Algeciras Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 79 photos

A SPANISH SEAPORT.

Algeciras is the main Spanish ferry terminal to North Africa,most people drive through Algeciras to catch the ferry without stopping but we stayed here for ten days and there is more to Algeciras than meets the eye.
When we first arrived we thought it looked liked a dirty Port.But after exploring the town we saw some really beautiful spanish buildings,a lovely Town center and really friendly people.
Its also a fantastic base for visiting Gibralta which is only a 30 minute bus ride and Morocco by fast ferry.

• Last visit to Algeciras: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 19, 2005

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2006 at 11:54 AM

Nice page and tips - looks interesting, might go and visit in May.

• la_beba's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2006 at 2:19 PM

I've been there!!! hahahaha Did you go to other parts of Spain? (you must... really... MUST see Madrid!) :o) such a fun city! I think you could have a blast there!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2006 at 9:05 AM

What a brilliant place to visit, loved your page and wished we had allowed time to actually stop here instead of just whizzing past, maybe next time.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2005 at 5:43 PM

An unusual, but interesting destination! I have always had a desire to visit Gibralter myself, but have not yet made it. The carpet shops! Oh yes, I remember them from my long-ago Morocco trip! A very nice page on Algeciras!

cazz38

“Travel is an addiction,the only way to cure it is to travel!!”

Badges & Stats in Algeciras

Have you been to Algeciras?

Latest Activity in Algeciras