"THE CITY OF KANDY." Top 5 Page for this destination Kandy by cazz38
Kandy Travel Guide: 326 reviews and 802 photos
Kandy is the capital of the hill country,its built around a stunning 18th century lake,its regarded as the most beautiful town in Sri Lanka.Visit the Temple of the tooth where the sacred tooth relic of the budda is enshrined.
kandy is a fantastic place to explore by foot,every thing is in walking distance.You will be able to watch this cultural dance in kandy it lasts about an hour and is worth watching.Beautiful costumes and jewellery.
The botanical gardens are the largest in sri lanka,a walkers paradise,you will need plenty of time to explore all the plants, flowers and mature trees.
- Pros:It is a beautiful city worth exploring.
- Cons:It does get very busy
- In a nutshell:spectacular scenery
We were lucky,we hired a tour bus with our tour operator and had a fantastic driver and tour guide,you can also get to... more travel advice
The trees at the botanical gardens have gone like this because of the termites,we think they look great,we actually... more travel advice
cazz38's Related Pages
Kandy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE CITY OF KANDY."
- "Kandy - Last of the Sinhalese Kingdom"
- "hell is a piece of earth"
- "Green hills and orange skies"
- "Kandy, Capital of the Hill Country"
- "Capital of Hill Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kandy
- Hotels in Kandy
- Transportation in Kandy
- Nightlife in Kandy
- Restaurants in Kandy
- Shopping in Kandy
- Warnings and Dangers in Kandy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kandy
- 19 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kandy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kandy
Photos in KandySee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Tunisia Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 32 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majorca Island Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Devon Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- Cairo Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Algeciras Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos