"Pancole" Pancole by babettu
Pancole Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 22 photos
Pancole is a very small village about 45km from Florence and 6km from San Gimignano. It is a very quiet and beautiful village immersed in nature and endless vineyards. Only a few villagers live in this area and there is only just one hotel and a restaurant with serves very good traditional food. We preferred staying at one of the few Agritourisms in that area. We travelled around Pancole by car and we enjoyed taking long walks in the beautiful country side.
In the evenings we usually went out for supper at the nearby villages of San Gimignano, and Certaldo which is only 8km away.
On arriving Pancole, one cannot miss the small Sanctuary dedicated to the Mother of The Divine Providence. In the same place where now the Sanctuary is situated, there was a little temple where Pier Francesco Fiorentino (1444-1499) painted the Virgin Mary breast feeding the holy baby. One can hear Holy mass every day from 9.00am to 12.30pm.
From 4pm to 7pm. Monday mornings closed.
- In a nutshell:Pancole is a next step to heaven.
Our short stay in Pancole was spent at Agriturismo Cesani. The owners were very kind and hospitable and also offered us... more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
Pics Of Pancole
Written May 9, 2016
More Pics From Agriturismo Cesani
babettu's Related Pages
Pancole Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pancole
- 2 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pancole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pancole
Photos in PancoleSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Florence Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pancole Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Monistrol de Montserrat Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- San Gimignano Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valletta Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Nicolosi Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Pisa Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue