"Guadalajara" Top 5 Page for this destination Guadalajara by MBarry
Guadalajara Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 137 photos
Guadalajara is one of the unmissable old colonial capitals of New Spain. However, there is no mistaking the French influence in the architecture and food. We particularly enjoyed the fact that this city, although fairly cosmopolitan, is no tourist mecca. It is authentically Mexican, which also means that people are generally very friendly.
- Pros:Great food, nice people, cool architecture, great climate
- Cons:Must struggle in Spanish, poverty takes getting used to for lucky "NorteAmericanos".
- In a nutshell:Not a resort- a major city- a real place- for the better.
At altitude, the weather is awesome, but the sun is much stronger than it feels. COVER YOUR HEAD! more travel advice
Be prepared for begging. Even at some restaurant settings, we were approached by beggers. It is a bit unsettling. more travel advice
Guadalajara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guadalajara, Mexico"
- "Beautiful Tierra Tapatía"
- "Welcome to one of my favorite Mexican City's"
- "jglenn's Guadalajara Page"
- "Guadalajara - Central Mexico"
- "Guadalajara..City of Mariachis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guadalajara
- Hotels in Guadalajara
- Transportation in Guadalajara
- Nightlife in Guadalajara
- Restaurants in Guadalajara
- Shopping in Guadalajara
- Warnings and Dangers in Guadalajara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guadalajara
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Guadalajara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guadalajara
No friends yet.