"It's home so I have to love it!" Top 5 Page for this destination Stoke-upon-Trent by debbyt
Stoke-upon-Trent Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 87 photos
You've probably never heard of Stoke on Trent if you are from outside the UK. It's a funny little place famous for pottery and Robbie Williams. People tend to dismiss it as a small town pretending to be a city (which isn't a million miles from the truth!) but as it is my home town I feel the need to share the good bits with whoever wants to know!
Stoke is a funny place for many reasons. One of the most obvious is that we are officially a city (though we have no cathedral). Stoke is made up of 6 towns. Just to confuse things more the city is called Stoke ON Trent yet one of the towns is called Stoke UPON Trent. But there is very little there apart from a couple of Pottery Factories - the main shopping and nightlife centre is Hanley. Each town has its own identity but all some under the name Stoke-on-Trent. Confused? You will be!
- Pros:A slice of English working class life
- Cons:In need of a facelift!
- In a nutshell:Good people, bad buildings!
The sugarmill is a lifesaver if you like indie/alternative/rock music. Unfortunately a lot of clubs in Stoke are... more travel advice
Though we are a city, we are yet to catch up with the likes of Manchester with their trams, and have to rely on the good... more travel advice
debbyt's Related Pages
Stoke-upon-Trent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You duckys alright?"
- "It's home so I have to love it!"
- "My home town"
- "Stoke on Trent"
- "Home of British Pottery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stoke-upon-Trent
- Hotels in Stoke-upon-Trent
- Transportation in Stoke-upon-Trent
- Nightlife in Stoke-upon-Trent
- Restaurants in Stoke-upon-Trent
- Shopping in Stoke-upon-Trent
- Warnings and Dangers in Stoke-upon-Trent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stoke-upon-Trent
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Stoke-upon-Trent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stoke-upon-Trent
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stoke-upon-Trent Intro, 5 reviews
- Tokyo Intro, 2 reviews
- New York City 1 review