"Tokyo" Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo by dennisKL

Tokyo Travel Guide: 4,146 reviews and 10,285 photos

Great Summer of 2004

After a 10-hour journey....finally reach the 1st stop at Hakone. A nice scene forest area.A cloudy sky. Taking my 1st lunch at Japan about 11am and proceed to the field of Lavender. From here you can have a full view of the Mt Fuji in far distance. Very lucky, normally in summer, few parts or the peak will just cover by the cloudy sky....fantastic shape! Right after that, I proceed to the 5th station of Mt. Fuji. Get burn from the direct sun light. The weather is getting hot and hot. (Check out more in my Hakone page)

By the time I reach Shinjuku for hotel check-in, is about 9pm. Imagine how long I get stuck in the traffic jams. After a short break...shopping time!!!!Night entertainment...here i come...

Tokyo...Feel it

2nd day I get around in Tokyo only....no more traveling long distance....
OoH my god! 35C degree again!...without wasting time, I manage to walk around some tourism spot such as Ginza, Roppongi, Harajuku, Asakusa and Shinjuku.
Understand the way Japanese do their prayer, visiting most VT spoken famous shrine and temple, shopping in the world leading most expensive shopping centre, take out my wallet to buy some stuff, walking down the street of Hard Rock Cafe, visiting the Mori Tower, and celebrating the summer festival with Japanese. Great experience.
My coach was break down on my way to Asakusa, yo! experiencing the pac of taking a MRT train in Tokyo....learning the way how peoples get in a coach in a special way..no others place in the world except Japan.

One of the world's wonderland...

Come to my 3rd day, up and shine!...Disneyland! I was sweating from day to night...but is just a wonderfull day being there....get out from the wonderfull land about 2:30pm and proceed to the Naritasan Temple. It was a summer festival seasons. Japanese doing some prayers. (Check out more in my Narita Page)

Just right after that, have a very short dinner time and rush back to the Disney for the parade. I love it! Unfortunately the firework was cancelled due to the weather...it was raining....I miss it!

I learned lots of japanese culture and I'm now more understanding of the life in Japan (check out my local custom tips). Thanks for those VT who had been giving me guides and info before I aboard. Once again, I enjoy this trip.Japan...a place must visit. Visit my Travelogue for more photos.

• Pros:Peoples are friendly, nice food
  • Cons:Bad traffic, 'expensive'!
  • In a nutshell:The Great Country with the world No 1 transportation system. But don't forget to bring your JR guidelines along.
  • Last visit to Tokyo: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2005

• eviltooth's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 5:33 AM

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo end of this year. Your tips're very helpful. Thanks!

• May 6, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Great tip.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Hey Dennis... GREAT pages on Tokyo.... I'm thinking of visiting later on in the year. Your pages are very helpful. Thanks! Gareth

• Oct 14, 2006 at 11:11 AM

lovely page! Nikos

• vyxxyn's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2005 at 7:44 AM

Good tips with humour in them! :D

• APRILJPN's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 10:41 PM

hi dennis i just add u to my frendlist hop u find me interestng ., like ur page so many info ., hop 2 hear frm u.,

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 3:50 AM

Great informations. I liked the scy scrapers very much.

• daddygila's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 2:53 PM

Very infomative pages. I'll be there in 2 weeks....Can't wait !!!

• Oct 22, 2004 at 1:17 AM

Have a wonderful weekend too, Dennis! It's getting very cold..:) And a lunch for 5,500? Well gee..that's too much you know!LOL

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2004 at 8:26 PM

OMG, you paid 5,500 Y for LUNCH?! check out my Tokyo restaurant tips-you'll see what you missed!! by the way, your Disneyland tips are great.

dennisKL