"Historical Town" Negeri Melaka by dennisKL
Negeri Melaka Travel Guide: 1,806 reviews and 4,464 photos
I was on my way to A'Famosa Resort for a 2D1N vacation!!!...Droping by the Malaysia historical town to snap some photos!....
When I was child, my mum always bring me along pass thru this small town on our way back to my mum's hometown. Specially bout this is I never take a step down on this and taking any photos before this....this is my 1st time....
Malacca, is one of the states in Malaysia. In the 15th century it was the largest port in South-East Asia, though its importance has long since declined. Its history is riveting and the town has fascinating examples of Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese and Islamic architecture throughout its rambling streets.
Melaka town is small and easy to negotiate on foot, bicycle or trishaw. The most interesting parts are near the river and along the original waterfront. Here, particularly around the Dutch built, town hall where you will find a number of churches and the Cultural Museum.
On the opposite river bank, in what has become, Chinatown there are more interesting architectural landmarks worth visiting. Boat trips down the river make it possible to view the lifestyles of the people of the area and see more historic architecture en-route.
dennisKL's Related Pages
Negeri Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VT Meet in Melaka (11-12 Mar 2006)"
- "UNESCO City - Sumatran, Portuguese, Dutch, British"
- "The historical state that is named after a tree"
- "A' Famosa Water Theme Park, Melaka"
- "Malacca (Melaka) - An important ancient port"
- "Age of Empire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Melaka
- Hotels in Negeri Melaka
- Transportation in Negeri Melaka
- Nightlife in Negeri Melaka
- Restaurants in Negeri Melaka
- Shopping in Negeri Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Melaka
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Negeri Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Melaka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 56 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taipei Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hakone Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Narita Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 photos
- Bali Intro, 3 photos