"The world of Tom" teejaybee's Profile

Personal Stuff - Where I live

Greetings fellow travellers from Bristol UK

I live with Jill (my wife) on the outskirts of Bristol, England.

Bristol is situated to the west of London about a 2 hour drive. It's where the Mayflower set sail from with John Cabot aboard and has always been associated with the Sea. We have the world famous Clifton Suspension Bridge and also now back where it belongs the SS Great Britain. These were both designed by Isambard Kingdon Brunel.
We have a great docks area that is being developed and a large open space for everyone to enjoy called the Durdham Downs. About 13 miles from Bristol is the famous Georgian City of Bath with it's Roman Spa. This normally on most visitors lists if in the UK.
South from Bristol is the "West Country" such as Devon and Cornwall, West from Bristol is Wales and heading Northwards you can be in the Cotswolds within the hour.
We have about 440,000 population in the greater Bristol area but there's always room for new visitors! Please come and see what we have.
Jill and I love travelling and we particularly like visiting the USA where we have made some good friends. With the advent of cheap flights we are now having long weekends in Europe.

I apologise for not having any photo's - I will eventually!

Places Visited/stayed in & To visit!

USA:
Boston, Orlando and most of Florida, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Laredo, Louisiana, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Monterey, Cambria, Yosemite, Grand Canyon and Las Vegas.
Caribbean:
St Lucia, Tobago, Mustique, Bequia and Palm Island.
Indian Ocean:
Mauritius and The Seychelles
Asia:
Thailand, China, Macao and Hong Kong.
Far East:
Bali
Europe:
France, Italy, Spain, Gibraltar, Greece/Greek Islands, Cyprus/Northern Cyprus, Holland, Turkey, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Chanel Islands.

To visit:
Australia, Fiji/Tahiti, Canada

• Intro Updated Oct 2, 2004

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

teejaybee

“New friends are waiting to be made”

Ranked Member