"Place of Coyotes" Coyoacán by pencho15
Coyoacán Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 144 photos
Coyoacán, wich was once a prehispanical city, a colonial town and now due to it´s excessive growth belongs to Mexico City is a great place to visit when you come to my country.
Every tourist visiting Mexico capital city should spent one or two days here to know it well.
After conquering the Aztecs the spanish established here while tenochtitlán was reconstructed, and they build a lot of colonial buildings as great as the ones in the downtown.
Coyoacán has a lot of gardens an threes adorning it streets, the green areas are hard to find in most places in the city so it´s great to have them near my home.
In Coyoacán you can find calmed nights as well as crowded, this makes possible to have a nice coffe without the sound of cars and people or to know the atmosphere of a typicall town in Mexico.
This place also offers a lot of cultural activities, there are a lot of museums like the Frida Khalo home, the Museum of popular culture, the Anahuacalli and the acuarela museum, there are also a lot of bookstores and cinemas.
One problem is that it`s very crowded. But despite this Coyoacán is a fabulous place that´s the reason for people like Diego Rivera, Leon Trotsky and Frida Khalo decided to live here.
- Pros:Colonial Buildings, Green Areas, museums.
- Cons:Street Sellers, lots of people
- In a nutshell:one of the best zones in the city.
I consider this little known museum to be one of the best places to learn about the culture of my country. It was... more travel advice
The aztec stadium is the biggest stadium in Mexico, but it has lost a lot of teams. Some years agos up to five teams... more travel advice
pencho15's Related Pages
Coyoacán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place of Coyotes"
- "Coyoacan - Frida Kahlo's home town"
- "Coyoacán - Place of the Coyotes"
- "Coyoacan - More than just Frida's House"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coyoacán
- Transportation in Coyoacán
- Nightlife in Coyoacán
- Restaurants in Coyoacán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coyoacán
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Coyoacán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coyoacán
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 28 reviews, 74 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manzanillo Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Teotihuacán Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- Tepotzotlán Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 14 reviews, 4 photos
- Philipsburg Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- San Francisco Magù Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Azzano Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos