Guanajuato Restaurant Tips by pencho15 Top 5 Page for this destination
Guanajuato Restaurants: 21 reviews and 10 photos
Not sure about the whole name, but it is the restaurant that belongs to the hotel "Posada Santa Fe" located on Jardín Unión. I did not stay at Posada Santa Fe, but the restaurant is open to every visitor. they have tables on the street and sitting there to eat is quite pleasant, since the garden is quite pretty and there is a nice atmosphere. I don't recall much of the menu, I remember I ate some pasta to recover the energy after walking all morning, and I also remember I was quite pleased with the food, so a double recomendation for the place, both for it location and for it's flavor.
Directions: On Jardín Unión.
In my opinion one of the most interesting things about traveling is knowing new things, and food is one of the best thinks to taste; when I visit a new place I always try to eat the local dishes. In the case of Mexico the best way to eat the most typical and lest touristy mexican food is visiting the markets that exist in every city.
Guanajuato is no exception, the market is a cheap and delicious place to eat, the food court is beside the main building in the market and there you'll find many places to eat, they all serve more or less the same so it does not makes much difference in wich place you decide to eat.
Favorite Dish: The typical dish in Guanajuato are the "Enchiladas Mineras", enchiladas is a food eaten in all Mexico, but they vary from place to place according to the kind of sauce they use. The enchiladas mineras from Guanajuato were tasty, and they are served with carrots, wich as far as I know only go with this dish in this version.
Being a touristic place you can ask your enchiladas not to be very spicy, in case you don't want to face the mexican guajillo chili.
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (26)
pencho15's Related Pages
Guanajuato Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place of Montuous Frogs"
- "Travel Notes from Guanajuato"
- "Guanajuato, winding streets, and strange sites"
- "Just one day in Guanajuato leaves you wanting more"
- "THE COLONIAL CITY OF GUANAJUATO"
- "Guanajuato city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guanajuato
- Hotels in Guanajuato
- Transportation in Guanajuato
- Nightlife in Guanajuato
- Restaurants in Guanajuato
- Shopping in Guanajuato
- Warnings and Dangers in Guanajuato
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kaiserslautern Hotels
- Woodin Hotels
- Fort Pickens State Park Aquatic Preserve Hotels
- Borobudur Hotels
- Santa Maria
Badges & Stats in Guanajuato
- 28 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Guanajuato?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guanajuato
Photos in GuanajuatoSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 28 reviews, 74 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 16 reviews, 23 photos
- Teotihuacán Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manzanillo Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Tepotzotlán Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 14 reviews, 4 photos
- Philipsburg Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- San Francisco Magù Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Azzano Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oaxaca de Juárez Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
Latest Guanajuato hotel reviews
- Casa Zuniga B&B
- 320 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Alma del Sol Bed & Breakfast Inn
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Hotel Del Conde
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Apr 4, 2010
- Camino Real Guanajuato
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Posada Santa Fe Guanajuato
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Mision Guanajuato
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Real De Minas Guanajuato
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Casa Estrella De La Valenciana
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- La Casa del Tio
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato Mexico
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013