"Sleepy little town" Top 5 Page for this destination Pozarevac by DeYo
Pozarevac Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 65 photos
Pozarevac is the sleepy little town located in the plains of Stig. Although this is mostly agricultural area Pozarevac is know for one of the biggest candy factories in the Europe called “Bambi”, and it’s best known cookie called “Bambi plazma”.
Famous painter Milena Pavlovic-Barili was born in Pozarevac and in our town is located museum dedicated to this extraordinary woman.
Pozarevac had some great moments in its history, but most important is signing of the peace agreement between Turkey and Austria in 21.07.1718. this agreement is called “Pozarevac peace agreement”. Also, on a nearby hill Cacalica a battle occurred in 1944 between Russian army and German army, this hill is today a monument-park.
Very close to Pozarevac (some 3 km) is located “Ljubicevo”-stud. This is the oldest and perhaps the most important region of the organized upbrining of horses in Serbia. Through its history some of the best horses, with international success, were: Tina, Ljubicevac and Moby Dick. Every first week of September in Pozarevac and Ljubicevo is organized weekend-festival called “Lubicevo’s horse games” with standard horse races but with Pozarevac’s typical event called “Viseboj” which is competition in 5 events that includes shooting an arrow from a running horse, cutting apples (also from running horse) and stuff like that.
Finally, Slobodan Milosevic the former president of Yugoslavia was born in Pozarevac, and that fact had a great impact on this region. Some of this impact was good, but the most of it was negative, thanks to Milosevic and his son Marko some people from this region got very rich very fast. But, this is not an appropriate story for a VirtualTourist.
CSH (ex KB) is one of the rare places in Pozarevac where you can here alternative music: rock, jazz, reggae, metal, HC,... more travel advice
City Hall is the oldest and the most beutyfull building in Pozarevac. There are even books about this building and it's... more travel advice
DeYo's Related Pages
Pozarevac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Ex flamis orior" - or something like that ;o)"
- "Sleepy little town"
- "The Bambi Capital of Srbia and Crna Gora..."
- "Pozarevac, the home of Horse racing..."
- "The Biggest Village In Serbia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pozarevac
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pozarevac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pozarevac
Top 10 Pages
- Corfu Island Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Århus Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pozarevac Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Malmö Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sveti Stefan Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Kemer Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Karlovy Vary Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Nesebar Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.