"Toluca - one of the highest towns in Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Toluca by SrdjanJovanovic

Toluca Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 44 photos

When you come to MExico,you realize that you are on 1500 m above sea level,and that you start to breath a little heavier than before,and then you decide to go to Toluca - on 2800 m above sea level...Well,be sure that you will breath even more heavie,and you can not walk a long distance,becouse you get tired,but don't be afraid,that lasts for few hours or maximum 2 days,and then you start to run around the citie,becouse you feel like on the mountain.Trust me,after few days I have been in volkano Shinantekatl,some 4500 m above sea level,and that is something you can't miss.

I guess that you should go to the center,and there you can go to some museums,or botanic garden,or something like that.Well,you will do that for sure.What I wanted to say is what you must do becide that :
1)buy for 5 pesos "torta de molo verde" in the center,on the street shop - something like sandwitch,but hot - the best thing I have ever eat
2)go to the Shinantekatl - old,not working volcano on some 30-40 km from the town (there was filmed Conan 1,you will see why)
3)Try "michelada" - beer with a lemon,salt and chile

On the other side are piramides Calixtlahuaca

Well,some 20 km from Toluca,there are piramides,very special,becouse they are in the shape of circle.Here I put the picture of road to the piramides,becouse it is very interesting.I guess this is one of my favorite pictures from Mexico.Look it good!

• Last visit to Toluca: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 18, 2004

Comments

SrdjanJovanovic

“I like to travel, but my Serbia is the best country in the world!”

Badges & Stats in Toluca