"My Hometown" Wilkes-Barre by Daisiedoll
Wilkes-Barre Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 27 photos
I've lived in the Wilkes-Barre area my whole life. The area itself is typically 2-3 years behind New York City. There isn't much here that could entice a tourist to come here just for "here". All the cities and towns in the Wilkes-Bare/Scranton area run into one another and I can help you find things to do if you are here on business, for a NASCAR race, for skiing, or whatever!
We are on the edge of the Poconos; close to the Pocono NASCAR raceway, tons of places to ski, tons of lakes and unique touristy things that will educate and teach you about the history of the area.
You won't be without the creature comforts of home here. We've got all the restaurants and shopping you'd expect from any area of significant size.
- Pros:Close to skiing, lakes, NASCAR, Poconos, and major cities.
- Cons:Downtown is awful and touristy things are limited.
- In a nutshell:Don't plan to vacation in Wilkes-Barre; but stay in Wilkes-Barre for your vacation!
We've got all 4 four seasons here; and each one comes full force. So use your head. Coats, scarf, gloves, hat and... more travel advice
Rent a car at the airport. Taxis are few and the bus system is scary. more travel advice
Daisiedoll's Related Pages
Wilkes-Barre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Hometown"
- "Wilkes-Barre, PA"
- "Wilkes Barre"
- "Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilkes-Barre
- Hotels in Wilkes-Barre
- Transportation in Wilkes-Barre
- Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
- Shopping in Wilkes-Barre
- Warnings and Dangers in Wilkes-Barre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilkes-Barre
- 12 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Wilkes-Barre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilkes-Barre
Top 5 Pages
- Wilkes-Barre Intro, 12 reviews
- Cooperstown Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- New Orleans 2 reviews
- Salem 1 review, 1 photo
- Mystic Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.