"Cannock Chase" Staffordshire by denise16
Staffordshire Travel Guide: 207 reviews and 407 photos
Cannock Chase in Staffordshire has loads to offere the whole family. Its a favourite place for us to go walking with the dog. It is possible to get away from the popular footpaths and then not see another person.
The chase is only one hour from our home so we go quite often, my sister-in-law lives on the Chase so its great way to break up a family visit, walk off the meal.
Last time it was the WInter solstice and it was very cold, as you can see from my picture. The dog loved it though.
The Chase is easily reached by M6 or A5, and not too far from Birmingham.
Over the years i have taken some lovely photos of the changing seasons on the Chase, but I think winter up there is my favourite. There is a couple of war memorials to visit and in the winter its a great place to buy your tree.
The summer can be busy in places, but walk a short way from the car park and you will probably be alone.
Nearby you have Stafford Castle where they hold outdoor Shakespeare in June/July. There's is Shrugborough Hall
- Pros:Plenty of fresh air & wonderful views
- Cons:Crowds near the main car parks
- In a nutshell:dogs & kids love it
denise16's Related Pages
Staffordshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Near the Heart of England"
- "Dovedale: On the Derbyshire/Staffordshire border"
- "Stoke on trent, staffordshires best."
- "Cannock Chase"
- "Staffordshire Kinver"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Staffordshire
- Hotels in Staffordshire
- Transportation in Staffordshire
- Nightlife in Staffordshire
- Restaurants in Staffordshire
- Shopping in Staffordshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Staffordshire
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Staffordshire
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Staffordshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Staffordshire
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zante Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carentan Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 3 reviews, 27 photos, 7 travelogues
- Baveno Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coventry Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perpignan Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sedbergh Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Derbyshire Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Staffordshire hotels
- Stoke-upon-Trent Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Burton upon Trent Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Stafford Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Alton Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Newcastle under Lyme Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Tamworth Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Lichfield Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 80 Photos
- Cannock Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 7 Photos