"The Heart of Middle India" Indore by bradbeaman
Indore Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 8 photos
This relief depicting a fierce battle is at the Chhattri Bagh at Indore, Madhya Pradesh. This is a memorial of Malhar Rao Holkar, the founder of the Holkar dynasty.
Malhar Rao Holkar was one of the foremost commanders of the Maratha confederacy, he participated in the great victory near Delhi in 1736, and the defeat of the Nizam at Tal Bhopal in 1738.
Malhar Rao Holkar’s position in Malwa became firm and secure. He became ‘Kingmaker’ in Northern and Central India.
He died 20 May 1766. He is considered as one of the architects of Maratha control over India.
A Trek along the boarder of Rala Mahal Sanctuary and up the hill to the Holkar Palace.
The Red Maple Mashal Jhoomer Ghat, Rasalpura, Rau Indore 453446 (MP) India +91 731-4020 300-01-02 ... more travel advice
bradbeaman's Related Pages
Indore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Heart of Middle India"
- "Beautiful city In the Heart fo India"
- "Indore ....A city with a towns heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indore
- Hotels in Indore
- Transportation in Indore
- Warnings and Dangers in Indore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indore
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Indore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indore
Top 10 Pages
- Bangalore Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pune Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Leh Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhopal Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mumbai Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Ahmadabad Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue