"Khandoba Temple of Jejuri" Jejuri by bradbeaman
Jejuri Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
The main Khandoba worship centre is Jejuri in Maharashtra. The name "Khandoba" comes from the words "khadga" (sword), the weapon used by Khandoba to kill the demons, and "ba" (father).
Important for the Dhangars
From Pune you can make a round trip to Jejuri by going out Dive Ghat and back Bopdev Ghat round trip from Pune is 100 kilometers depending on where in Pune you begin. The last 17 kilometers from Saswad is the same road out and back.
There are over 600 temples dedicated to Khandoba and Jejuri is the most important one. Jejuri has 350 Dipmalas (lamp-pillars).
It is said to be a temple of the Danghar community. I could not find out much information about that, but the people I talked to were visiting from Gujarat, Nasik, Solapur and Mumbai.
From the temple you can see the path to trek up to the old Mandir. Since I rode my bicycle from Pune I did not have... more travel advice
bradbeaman's Related Pages
Jejuri Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Jejuri
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Jejuri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jejuri
Top 10 Pages
- Bangalore Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pune Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Leh Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhopal Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mumbai Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Ahmadabad Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue