"Coastal Karnataka" Mangalore by bradbeaman
Mangalore Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 52 photos
The Coast of Karnataka has a different feel to it than other parts of the state. One reason is just the language.
Their are the local dialects which are Tulu and Konkoni and this mixes to make the state language Kannad different.
Another difference is the rice is a brown rice not a white rice and fish is a major part of the Mangalore diet.
Panambur Beach and Tannir Bhavi Beach to the north of Mangalore are popular, but near the industrial area. The Ullal Beach is a nicer beach south of Mangalore.
Visit this Jain pilgrimage spot 70 Kilometers from Mangalore to see a fascinating statue on the lines of Shravanabelagola
On your or way back from Karkal (20 Kms from Karkal) you can visit Moorabidre where you will find an ancient Jain temple (1429) famous for 1000 pillars.
I went to the coast of South India and visited a ship building yard in the city of Mangalore. What blew me away was to... more travel advice
bradbeaman's Related Pages
Mangalore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lazy, unpretentious!"
- "Bustling Mangalore"
- "Coastal Karnataka"
- "Mengaluru, the birth place of Saraswat Brahmins"
- "Sea on one side and river on other side of road"
- "Udpi Sri Krishn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mangalore
- Hotels in Mangalore
- Transportation in Mangalore
- Restaurants in Mangalore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mangalore
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Mangalore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mangalore
Top 10 Pages
- Bangalore Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pune Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Leh Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bhopal Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- India Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mumbai Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Ahmadabad Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue