"Lakes and Palaces" Udaipur by bradbeaman
Udaipur Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 60 photos
Udaipur is set in The Aravalli Range literally meaning 'line of peaks' and locally called Mewat Hills. Udaipur is nicknamed the city of lakes and also known as the Venice of the East. There are beautiful palaces and the city if filled with luxury hotels mostly from restored acncient places of the Mewadi kingdom who are attracted tt the beauty of the lakes and places surrounded by the Avaralli hills.
I have been wanting to visit Updaipur for a while. One of the airlines had their jet over the Palace lake and the hotel is listed as the best in India. Put Udaipur on my to visit list.
Fatehsagar has two island parks with boat rides out to the parks.
There are many art schools in Udaipur that keep the silk painting craft from the Mewar empire alive. They will... more travel advice
The Oberoi Udaivilas is rated as the best hotel in Asia and the 5th best hotel in the world. But odly enough it may not... more travel advice
bradbeaman's Related Pages
Udaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Udaipur City of Lake"
- "Romantic And Peaceful Udaipur"
- "Udaipur in 1 weekend"
- "THE HEAVEN IN INDIA"
- "Lakes and Palaces"
- "Udaipur Travel Guide- Udaipur Tourism Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Udaipur
- Hotels in Udaipur
- Transportation in Udaipur
- Restaurants in Udaipur
- Shopping in Udaipur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Udaipur
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Udaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Udaipur
Top 10 Pages
- Bangalore Intro, 37 reviews, 61 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pune Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Bhopal Intro, 17 reviews, 26 photos
- Leh Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mumbai Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Ahmadabad Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue