"A great spot to stop and visit" Saltburn-by-the-Sea by Tourtech
Saltburn-by-the-Sea Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 9 photos
Nestled between Whitby (home of Captain Cook) and Middlesbrough, the seaside town of Saltburn-by-the-Sea is a nice quiet non touristy town to stop and visit.
Though there are not many people who stop here, there is actually quite a few things to do.
The town is on top of a cliff, overlooking the north sea. At the shore, there is a Quay extening out to the sea. This is actually a famous spot for locals to surf, and the long shore break ensures almost constant good surf waves. Additionally, the high cliffs provide a great point to para-glide as you can see in the picture.
There is an 18th century water powered funicular to get down to the pier, as well as a walkway.
We took this picture from a pub right above the cliffs called The Marine. Home to pub food and inxpensive draft beer, there is also free parking on the street in front. It is a short walk from The Marine to the shore..
Not quite tourist, just peaceful and nice.
Tourtech's Related Pages
Saltburn-by-the-Sea Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Saltburn-by-the-Sea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Photos in Saltburn-by-the-SeaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Paphos Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Cairns Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Australia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Maui Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middlesbrough Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Byron Bay Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 3 photos