"O Mighty Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth by jono84
Portsmouth Travel Guide: 312 reviews and 766 photos
It is where i was born, live and now go to university.
It is best known for its naval roots, its historical ships, and were it not for it being bombed to pieces in World War 2, alot of its former buildings would still remain.
Portsmouth's busy centre is actually on an island (which many dont realise), called Portsea Island,
and this is linked to the mainland via one main road.
Portsmouth are also known in england and in football, for having the best and fanatical fans in the country!! We got promoted in 2003 to the Premiership, and finished 13th last season.
Play Up Pompey!!
The future plans for the quays at Portsmouth prove the outlook is bright for this ageing and rather tatty-looking city.
Also, with the recent announcement that construction work will begin on the new stadium on the current Fratton Park site, and the associated cinema and housing complex will also later be added to the new 'Pompey Centre', shows that these are indeed exciting times for the city.
There are new proposals for the development of existing appartments, and the construction of a brand new innovatively-designed appartment block as the centrepiece......
All this, of course, with the Spinaker Tower waiting in the wings to be completed!! Just imagine the tourist influx it will bring, being one of the highest points in europe, and with the views it will offer over much of Hampshire.
Yes, you might have guessed i would include a section about Pompey FC....... but anyone who comes to the city will hear... more travel advice
Portsmouth has two main ferry terminals, which are both easily accessible, and linked well with bus routes. There is... more travel advice
jono84's Related Pages
Portsmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delightful Portsmouth"
- "O Mighty Town"
- "A night in a fort"
- "Discovering my new home town bit by bit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portsmouth
- Hotels in Portsmouth
- Transportation in Portsmouth
- Nightlife in Portsmouth
- Restaurants in Portsmouth
- Shopping in Portsmouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Portsmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portsmouth
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Portsmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portsmouth
Photos in PortsmouthSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wanganui Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Florence Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auckland Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Napier Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubrovnik Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue