"Kaiwaka's Secret" Kaiwaka by kiwi_goddess
Kaiwaka Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Kaiwaka is a tiny little town between Auckland and Whangarei. If you get the opportunity to travel during the hours of darkness, it may be worth your while.
The photo I have put on here was taken at christmas time but the rest of the town is lit up all year round. See the ship, the clover, the windmill, the fish etc etc.....it really looks pretty and is a nice surprise if you happen upon it purely by accident.
I thought it would be worth mentioning as it is only 2 hours driving time between Whangarei and Auckland and theres lots of little towns in between. Its something a little bit different and kind of off the beaten path a lil.
- Pros:Gateway to the water
- Cons:Not much to do in terms of entertainment
- In a nutshell:Kaiwaka is a small town that deserves more credit than it gets!!
kiwi_goddess' Related Pages
Kaiwaka Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kaiwaka
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kaiwaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaiwaka
Top 5 Pages
- Whangarei Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Auckland Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Lake Taupo 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Anaheim Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- California Intro, 1 photo
Latest Kaiwaka hotel reviews
- Best Western Gateway North Mtr
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2012