"Whangarei" Whangarei by kiwi_goddess
Whangarei Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 86 photos
Whangarei has more things to see and do than what it is given credit for by some of the well known travel books. Not everything may be your "cup of tea" but there is at least something for everyone young and old alike.
Whether your idea of a holiday consists of sun, surf, sand, shopping, fine dining, art, culture, etc, you will surely find at least one thing to your interest if not an abundance.
In general the people here are very relaxed, most definately approachable, and always obliging to help in any way they can. How do I know this?? I live here ;-)
- Pros:Lots of things to do and see. The people are relaxed and approachable. Accommodation is reasonably priced due to being a smaller city.
- Cons:Most shops close at 5pm with only the bigger ones remaining open til later times. Not a lot to do after dark unless you want to catch a movie or go nightclubbing.
- In a nutshell:More to it than meets the eye.
This cafe is one of my favourites. It is a little out of the way from the city centre of Whangarei, but well worth it in... more travel advice
Property theft is relatively high in comparison to any other crime in NZ and its on the rise. When visiting any parks,... more travel advice
kiwi_goddess' Related Pages
Whangarei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Kind of Town!"
- "Northland's Capital."
- "tutukaka, whangarei (coast line )"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whangarei
- Hotels in Whangarei
- Transportation in Whangarei
- Nightlife in Whangarei
- Restaurants in Whangarei
- Shopping in Whangarei
- Warnings and Dangers in Whangarei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whangarei
- 30 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Whangarei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whangarei
Photos in WhangareiSee All Photos (31)
Top 5 Pages
- Whangarei Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Auckland Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Lake Taupo 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Anaheim Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- California Intro, 1 photo