"The best preserved castle in Japan" Himeji by aukahkay
Himeji Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 442 photos
Himeji Castle is a well-reserved castle and the most famous of all in Japan. Built in the early 17th century, it represents the highest achievement in Japanese castle architecture. Designated as a national treasure in 1931, the castle was registered as a World Cultural Heritage in 1993 as the first cultural site in Japan. In spring, thousands of cherry blossom trees bloom around the castle and the castle grounds are popular among the Japanese for hanami.
- In a nutshell:The most beautiful castle in Japan
Climbing up 5 storeys using narrow wooden staircases to reach the top of the main tower is rewarding. You get a... more travel advice
Princess Sen was the eldest daughter of the second shogun in the Tokugawa government who married Tadatoki Honda, the son... more travel advice
aukahkay's Related Pages
Himeji Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Springtime in Himeji"
- "My Himeji Homepage"
- "Welcome to Himeji"
- "A Long-Awaited Trip"
- "Day trip"
- "White Beauty"
- "Quaint town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Himeji
- Hotels in Himeji
- Transportation in Himeji
- Nightlife in Himeji
- Restaurants in Himeji
- Shopping in Himeji
- Warnings and Dangers in Himeji
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Himeji
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Himeji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Himeji
Photos in HimejiSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 92 photos
- Taipei Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 25 reviews, 46 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos